HOW TO locate file path of installer of any software on your PC

I occasionally have a need to find the installer of a software application on my disorganized PC (that I've been using for a very long time) so that I can get the exact version I've already been using to install on a different computer without having to download it yet again. In some cases, the installers (MSIs) aren't available even if I paid for them.

One way that I've found to locate the MSI is to dig into the Registry. (Warning - Poking with the Registry is dangerous so make sure you don't have any pets or devious people around lest their paws (accidentally) fall on your keyboard & mess up your computer.

Go to the path HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products and look for SourceList  under a GUID:
If you know the name of the installer or the application you can search within the Products node:

Comments