This Week I Learned - Week #58
This Week I Learned:
- Google can remotely uninstall apps from your phone or tablet that have proved to be used for phishing or other malicious activity.
- The Hyderabad Public School, an elite privately funded public school in Hyderabad (Satya Nadella is a notable alumni) was earlier known as Jagirdar College. It was established in 1923 as a school exclusively for the sons of jagirdars and other aristrocats
- The 1.8 million electronic voting machines being used in this year’s elections, manufactured by Bharat Electronics and Electronic Corporation of India
- The winner of the Chevella Lok Sabha seat, Vishweshwar Reddy is the grandson of Ranga Reddy - after whom the district is named. NOTA, short for none-of-the-above option introduced for the first time in this Lok Sabha election, garnered 1.1% of country’s total vote share.
- More than 70 percent of the world’s population doesn’t own a car
- "Watching an episode of Family Guy is like watching an episode of The Simpsons where all the heart and sincerity have been boiled away, leaving a twitching mess of arbitrary cultural references."