Google Bookmarks

Joe Previte (@jsjoeio) asked on Twitter:
Random question for y'all
Imagine this scenario.
1. You're online (mobile or desktop)
2. You see something that looks interesting (link to something)
3. You don't have time to read/watch now, but want to do it later.
What do you do?
(i.e. what's your system?)
Going by the 1000+ answers, many people struggle to manage the internet information overload while others use a variety of apps & browser extensions. Rather than depend on a new app only to bookmark, I like how some folks are re-purposing Whatsapp for bookmarking by sending links to themselves.

As I already have a Google Account, I have been using Google Bookmarks bookmarklet to add notes while I bookmark my favorite articles -

Google Chrome has an option to directly bookmark in the browser & sync them across your devices while signed-in, I like the Google Bookmarks service better as the Notes and Labels option help me to annotate & categorize the links. It can also be used with other browsers.

The Export bookmarks option is reassuring because even if Google were to discontinue this service (like they did with a few other services including my favorite, Google Reader), nothing is lost.

I discovered bookmarklets can be used with Chrome on Android.

I also annotate & post important links to my blog so that info I've gone through before is searchable by keywords.

Update - I know use my own custom-made "L8r" bookmarklet that records details in a Google Sheet

Comments