* SLA for a single instance VM on Basic / Standard tier of Azure Website is 99.95%
* Microsoft's Office Lens native mobile app trims, enhances and makes pictures of whiteboards and documents readable. Office Lens can convert images to editable Word and PowerPoint files too.
* Microsoft’s own IT department, is taking measured steps in deploying the more than 1,300 line-of-business applications to the Cloud
* I read about PopChartLab twice in a single day from different sources. Their visualization work reminds me of GapMinder & Gramener
* Google Maps can help you find all petrol filling outlets in a city
* Private banks in India like ICICI & HDFC do a better job than public sector banks. The competition between the private banks is helping customers avail more features online. HDFC now makes it possible to file form 15G/H online to avail TDS waiver.
* Some banks in India offer their native mobile apps directly through their site instead of hosting it the app stores of mobile platforms where there is some security vetting. I feel the encouragement of native apps by influential companies to lay users who cannot distinguish the official apps from phishing apps is a bad precedent. The Reserve Bank of India had to issue a public notice that a fraudulent bank account mobile app impersonating their branding was not actually built by RBI.
* Guruvayur temple in Kerala has 90 elephants
* The size of Africa = United States + China + Europe + India + Mexico + Japan
* The Hagia Sophia monument in Istanbul was constructed in the sixth century as a church, It was converted into a mosque and then into a museum.