HOW TO keep up-to-date on the latest technologies & trends

Microsoft Solution Architect MVP Udi Dahan's view on managing the avalance of technical info on the new technologies that is available these days -
"Never has so much information been so readily available and accessible to so many. It turns out, though, that much of that information is about how something works, less about what problem it is intended to solve, and much less about which problems it isn’t suited for. As an architect looking at choosing the right tool for the right job, I focus a lot more on the last two. Often, I go digging to find out why a tool isn’t a good fit for a job. So, I guess my recipe is to mostly ignore the avalanche and tap my network to find out the stuff the avalanche won’t tell you."


From The Architecture Journal

Comments