HOW TO export Contacts from a LG CDMA Mobile to newer phones

This is a crude trick that I found out by experimenting. This has worked for some but it may not always work as there are multiple parameters involved.

I recently needed to copy Contacts from a LG-Reliance CDMA Mobile handset to a GSM smartphone. After a bit of monkeying around with the available options, I found that you can copy Contacts to the CDMA SIM.




I inserted the CDMA SIM into the GSM smartphone and could successfully copy the Contact details to the smartphone.

Also see: Infographic: 3G vs 4G 

Comments

  1. Thanx Anil... Was googling around to find as how I could copy the contacts from my RiM to Gsm phone.
    This post solved my problem.

    - DpAk Shetty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude thanks a lot man!!! You saved a lot of time for me!!!

    I could do only 128 per attempt but got all contacts backed up safely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey friend, I am having LG-Reliance CDMA cell, RD3610. I copied 200 contacts from phone memory to SIM memory. But now, my smartphone doesn't accept CDMA SIM card. So please tell me which smartphone should i prefer...Thank you
    -Ganesh Patil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to know that this crude trick is not working for you. As I mentioned in the post, I was experimenting and it just worked. I had exported Contacts to a Samsung Omnia back in 2011. Leave a comment on which smartphone it did not work with and in case any reader had any luck with that kind of a model, they may reply back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks dude....didn't thought it would work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Reliance CDMA. The problem is there is no sim option in it... instead it is inbuilt... so now how do I copy contacts from CDMA phone to other phone or PC

    ReplyDelete
  7. how to export contacts from LG RD3500 mobile to GSM SAMSUNG GALAXY E7
    I have 600+Contact...

    KINDLY REPLAY SOON

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment