Google is "in the business of knowledge" - Sundar Pichai
From his interview in the Economic Times -
"We, as Google, are not in the search business. We are in the business of knowledge." - Google's Senior Vice President for Chrome and Apps & IIT-ian, Sundar Pichai (40)
A few facts -
- About 20% of the queries we get everyday are new.
- Our user base for Gmail has grown to 50 million users in India.
- Chromebook will be available in at least two countries in the Asia Pacific region, excluding India, by March 2013.
It appears that Sundar Pichai likes taking potshots at Microsoft. Samples -
- "Windows 8 breaks the backward compatibility of its own end-toend ecosystem."
- "...we are constantly changing the Gmail code. It is like refuelling a plane in mid air. It happens on a day-to-day basis. If you compare it with Windows, one gets to see only four versions of Windows in five years."
- 'IE 10 makes available cloud experience but they (Microsoft) expect you to use Windows."
|Sundar Pichai during a keynote address|