Visual Studio 2012 Annoyances

Having spent a few months with VS 2012, I like Visual Studio 2012 more than Visual Studio 2010 as it feels faster. Although I don't mind the menu titles in upper-case, there are quite a few features that annoy me -

Track Active Item in Solution Explorer - I don't understand why this option has to be unchecked while almost all the rest in the group are checked.

Word Wrap - why can't this be activated by default?


Solution Explorer - When I open a project, the Solution Explorer stays closed. In all the older versions, Solution Explorer would be in an expanded state once a project has finished opening. I thought there would be a setting hidden in the gazillion settings within Tools > Options but I haven't found anything related so far.

Find & Replace - The Find & Replace box feels smaller than in older versions. It is so crammed with options, it makes me feel claustrophobic.

Related: Why are these Visual Studio Settings not enabled by default?

Comments