Technical Books I have peer-reviewed

Back when I was a Microsoft MVP, Manning gave me a chance to be a honorary peer-reviewer / beta reader. Over the years, I have reviewed the following manuscripts (and some that never made it to print) prior to publication  -
  1. Windows PowerShell in Action, First Edition
  2. Windows Presentation Foundation in Action
  3. ASP.NET AJAX in Action
  4. C# In Depth, First Edition
  5. Silverlight 2 in Action
  6. Website Owner's Manual
  7. jQuery in Action, Second Edition
  8. Continuous Integration in .NET
  9. The Cloud at Your Service
  10. ASP.NET 4.0 in Practice
  11. SharePoint 2010 Site Owner's Manual
  12. Windows Phone 7 in Action
  13. Silverlight 5 in Action
  14. Hello! HTML5 & CSS3
  15. HTML5 in Action
  16. Azure Infrastructure as Code 
  17. Tiny CSS Projects
  18. Python How-To
  19. Learn AI-Assisted Python Programming
  20. Django in Action
  21. Build a Website with ChatGPT
  22. Generative AI for the IT Pro
  23. AI-Powered WordPress 
  24. Grokking Relational Database Design
  25. Data Storytelling with Generative AI
I got to read the beta versions and offer suggestions and feedback. I'm happy that some of my feedback has been incorporated in the printed books.

I'm always amazed at the commitment the authors put in to complete a book in time. In a lot of cases, they use beta version of products, participate in community forums to feel the pulse of developers and work against tight deadlines to time their book release with the announcement of a new technology.

Last updated: 12/Mar/2024

Comments