Amazin' Amazon.in delivers in a day

I ordered a mouse on Amazon.in that was marked "Fulfilled by Amazon" to be sent by their regular delivery mode (their Guaranteed One-Day Delivery option costs Rs 99 per order) and I received the package from Mumbai in Hyderabad the next day - in a little lesser than 24 hours!

I also learnt a couple of things from the purchase. The delivery was processed by Amazon Transportation Services Private Limited, not a third-party courier company as some online shops typically deliver through. Currently, only a few sites like Amazon.in and HomeShop18 offer free shipping for (on at least some) products costing less than Rs 300-500. Flipkart doesn't sell any mice costing less than Rs 250 & the ones sold directly by Flipkart have a delivery charge for purchases less than Rs 500.

After my experience with a few expensive mice purchased online didn't turn out well, I wanted to try one of the cheaper ones.  The specs of the USB-based Intex Jaguar RB Mouse Optical for Rs 185 looked pretty good and I went for it.

Also see:

Comments