TWIL - Week #43
This Week I Learned:
- Fake Follower Check checks your Twitter followers to see if they are real or fake. Requires logging into your Twitter account.
- The original name of the start-up Jeff Bezos started in July 1994 from his garage was Cadabra.
- Flipkart which has cornered more than 20 per cent of the online retail market is #1 in India. Currently, Amazon is at #3. Source: Business Today
- India has the world's third largest Internet user base
- Forty per cent of e-commerce is over mobile.
- India Post, the world's largest postal service reaches 21,000 PIN codes, compared to the 12,000 served by courier companies.
- Chandigarh is officially India's cleanest city
- India's 40-year-old, $108-billion information technology sector has a three-million-strong workforce. The average employee age at Infosys was 28 while at Wipro, 34.5 per cent of the workforce were aged between 30 and 50 at the end of last March. Employee costs as a percentage of revenues increased by about 640 basis points over the 12 quarters through September, according to Barclays, as a result of poor demand forecasting and the rising age of employees. Source: Economic Times
- Walmart and Target both opened their first stores in 1962. Fifty-two years later, Walmart has 11,096 stores under 69 banners in 27 countries, and e-commerce websites in 10 countries while Target has 1,921 stores – 124 of which opened last year in Canada – and one Web site, Target.com. Source - Forbes
- About 5 percent more boys are born than girls in the United States