The graphical biography of JRD Tata

I'm a fan of Bharta Ratna (Jewel of India) JRD Tata. I enjoyed reading his roughly 400-paged biography Beyond the Last Blue Mountain. If you want a much shorter biography of this great man, I highly recommend the Amar Chitra Katha comic book on JRD Tata of 32 pages.

Despite the brevity, all the details & humorous incidents are well covered. In fact, there were some details that I don't remember reading in his biography. For instance, I did not know that he had a providential escape from fatal incidents multiple times.
The Japanese ship JRD traveled on was destroyed after he got off
After JRD finished his stint in the French Army and left his regiment, his colleagues were slaughtered

The story-telling is excellent - the writing is tight and the pacing of the story is good.
As in the biography, there is a mention of JRD's wife's precocious cousin Bobby
JRD became the Head of the House of Tata at the age of 34
Amar Chitra Katha, which has published a big list of titles on Indian mythological and historical figures taught me Indian History better than my school textbooks.

Comments