TWIL - Week #2
This Week I Learned:
- Microsoft offers a minimum of 10 years of support for Business and Developer products.
- Microsoft is getting ready to pull the life support on Windows XP.
- Mixed Active Content is now blocked by default in Firefox 23. It has been happening already in Chrome.
- With Click-to-Run, you can start using Office before the whole suite or product has been downloaded. While you are using your application, the rest of Office is being downloaded quietly in the background. Click-to-Run uses Microsoft virtualization and streaming technologies.
- You can save a Word document as a PDF. Word 2013 can directly open, view, as well as edit PDF.
- You can install and use both Microsoft Office 2013 and Microsoft Office 2010 on the same computer. However Microsoft does not recommend this.
- Google's most recent spring cleaning brings the total number of services it has discontinued to 70 in just a year-and-a-half.
- A Google engineer once accidentally published an internal communication meant for for other Google employees to his 2,000 or so followers as he was not a "experienced Google+ user".
- Infosys has 1,56,688 employees as of 2013