TWIL - Week #45
This Week I Learned:
- The infinite scroll UI pattern is not search-engine friendly, but you can change that.
- Humans now account for less than 40% of web traffic with search engines, scrapers, hacking tools, spammers and other impersonators constituting the other 60%.
- Only 20 percent of the readership of the English-language Wikipedia, the "free encyclopedia that anyone can edit", comes via mobile devices, a figure substantially lower than the percentage of mobile traffic for other media sites, many of which approach 50 percent.
- It is illegal to use your phone as a GPS in California so don’t showcase it on the dashboard.
- Three is the most powerful number in communication theory. The best presentations include a balance of words and pictures.
- Crows can recognize faces, communicate details of an event to each other and even avoid places they recognize as dangerous