TWIL - Week #46
This Week I Learned:
- There are many sites that insert something like "Read more: www.site.com" into your clipboard when you copy text in your browser. These websites use the Clipboard APIs. There are multiple ways to block this behavior.
- Facebook knows what you looked at on Amazon. Demand Side Platforms (DSP) give Facebook the unique identifier for an individual's browser as well as the cookie data containing the browser's history.
- With 18 billion page views and nearly 500 million unique visitors a month, Wikipedia relies on a diligent army of roughly 75,000 volunteers each month to edit the articles.
- The Maha Kumbh Mela, the world's largest religious gathering, drew 30 million pilgrims on the peak day in February, 2013
- Mark Twain was perhaps the first American to attend the Kumbh back in 1885 #trivia
- "When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learnt in seven years." - Mark Twain
- Rama Retold by Aubrey Menen was the first play to be banned in Independent India #trivia