This Week I Learned - Week #64
This Week I Learned:
- Co-administrators can fully manage the services within an Azure subscription. The owner can delegate co-admin access to other Microsoft Accounts
- Responsive Design View feature which can be invoked with the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+M in Firefox is great for testing RWD view of a website on the desktop and generating screenshots
- More software programmers moved to Bangalore, India’s technology hub, in the past year than the original Silicon Valley, says data by LinkedIn
- Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL), a $66 billion energy firm, announced that it would spend Rs.4,000 crore to take complete control of Network18 in the biggest takeover in India’s media industry. With 100% control, RIL now has access to all the content put out by the Network18 Group. This includes in.com, IBNlive.com, Moneycontrol.com, Firstpost.com, Cricketnext, Homeshop18, bookmyshow.com and TV channels such as Colors, CNBC TV18, CNN-IBN, IBN7 and CNBC Awaaz. Raghav Bahl, a journalist, founded Network18 in 1993 with Rs.50,000 pulled from life savings in fixed deposits - LiveMint
- The PM of India, Narendra Modi, doesn't generally speak in English in public appearances but he is quite fluent.