This Week I Learned - Week #68
This Week I Learned:
- Regex Golf is a fun way to test your knowledge of regular expressions.
- Facebook has essentially solved the visual, contextual, and endogeneity problems of mobile advertising.
- If your Windows laptop isn't getting the battery life you'd expected, it's possible that Chrome is the culprit. Consider shutting down Chrome when you're not using it on your laptop. - PC World
- The network of sites that make up StackExchange, which includes StackOverflow, is now ranked 54th for traffic in the world; they have 110 sites and are growing at a rate of 3 or 4 a month; 4 million users; 40 million answers; and 560 million pageviews a month. This is with just 25 servers. For everything. - High Scalability
- 45% of the total reserved tickets of Indian Railways are issued over Internet.
- Of the 13,000 employees at Flipkart, 7000 are engaged in last-mile delivery. Salaries of deliverymen have nearly doubled in 2 years. Flipkart, Amazon and other online retailers have launched same-daydelivery in various cities recently.
- Abhinav Bindra won India's first individual Olympic medal by winning the 10m Air Rifle event in 2008 Beijing Games when he was 25. His parents had an indoor shooting range installed at their home in Patiala, Punjab. His autobiography is titled A Shot at History : My Obsessive Journey to Olympic Gold
- Expatriate employees of Coca-Cola working in China receive 15% bonuses because of the country’s air pollution