This Week I Learned - Week #69
This Week I Learned:
- The new SharePoint Farm Gallery option from the Azure Portal is now, by far, the easiest way to get started with SharePoint on Azure. It is possible to run a SP environment for around 276 hours, or more than 30 days if it is only online 8 hours a day, on a Visual Studio Ultimate MSDN subscription with $150 Azure Credit.
- Microsoft Azure Machine Learning is an Azure Service. It is a web application that has a studio called Studio ML. You create experiments with this web application that represent your machine learning activities.
- There are 5 approaches you can use to create mobile apps - Responsive Web, Hybrid Web, Mobile Web, Hybrid Native, Native Apps.
- PSR.exe or Problem Steps Recorder is a tool that comes with Windows 7 (and other Windows editions that have come during the time of Windows 7 and after). It’s intended for users to capture step by step actions and screenshots to illustrate a problem. It’s a great tool for its intended use. However, if you create a lot of documents with screenshots or need to document a procedure, this tool can save you a lot of time. Since it’s intended as a troubleshooting tool, the tool is not directly exposed in the Start menu or Control Panel. Launch the executable by typing psr.exe from a command prompt or the search bar. After you record your steps, PSR saves the report in a zipped MHTML file. This is so you can easily send the report to someone via e-mail. Within the MHTML file, the screenshots are jpg files. Just right click and “Copy” the images from the report to paste into your own documentation.
- Product Hunt lists the best new product discoveries each day
- "International Phonetic Alphabet" ..is used to describe pronunciations in some dictionaries, and that used by airplane pilots to communicate. The latter, for the US is: A-Alpha, B-Bravo, C-Charlie, D-Delta, E-Echo, F-Foxtrot, G-Golf, H-Hotel, I-India, J-Juliet, K-Kilo, L-Lima, M-Mike, N-November, O-Oscar, P-Papa, Q-Quebec, R-Romeo, S-Sierra, T-Tango, U-Uniform, V-Victor, W-Whisky, X-X-ray, Y-Yankee, Z-Zulu.
- India is on track to be Amazon's fastest country ever to a billion dollars in gross sales
- A. R. Rahman has been awarded doctorates by 5 colleges across the world.
- About 90% of the world’s visually impaired live in developing countries, according to the World Health Organization. Around 20% in India alone.
- Hindu religion recognizes 330 million gods
- Hollywood is the second largest export earner for the US