Chrome trick to access key Azure documentation pages faster

Microsoft provides handy URL shortcuts to key Azure documentation pages.

All you have to remember is this -
aka.ms/Azure/ <the thing>

I made it a little more simpler for myself by configuring the custom search engine option in Chrome browser. So now to jump to the Azure Pricing Calculator, I use:
az {tab} pricing

This custom search engine option in Chrome is invaluable when websites provide a standard URL pattern. In case of this Azure Shortcuts feature, the keyword suffix is what keeps changing & we can use %s to handle this dynamically for us -
aka.ms/Azure/%s

Here is how I customized this through Chrome Settings:

1. Click on "Manage search engines" within Settings
2. Click on Add button to configure aka.ms 

3. To invoke the aka.ms URLs, I have chosen "az" as the "wake word"

Comments