The "Read aloud selection" feature in Edge browser

I love the "Read Aloud" feature in Immersive Reader that also appears as "Read aloud selection" in the context menu when you select text. This feature works not only for content in English but also several other world languages including Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Bengali, Marathi, Urdu.

This feature is very beneficial to me while I'm trying to read Indian languages in which I'm not proficient. 

One issue that has bothered me is that when I need Read Aloud to switch to a different language (say Telugu) than the last used (English), it cannot detect the language. As a result, I have to manually change it and "Read aloud selection" lags in the changeover.

Upon selecting text it would be good to have the "Read aloud selection" feature in the context menu detect language and AUTOMATICALLY choose from one of the voices in that language?

I have filed this concern on Microsoft's Feeback portal and hope it will be addressed soon. If this is an issue you have faced too, please up-vote it so that it is attended to sooner.

Comments