Global Cuisine Explorer - My PartyRock App #5

There is a French food item that I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't know about. (I'm also embarrassed that I could not spell embarrassed and the browser spell-checked it for me). Thankfully we now have LLMs to ask the stupidest of questions without being judged (I think...right?).

I created Global Cuisine Explorer to help me fill my knowledge gaps.

Type a food item you want to know more about it and within seconds you can get a tidy description of that item and an image. The results may sometimes be wrong and the images hilarious but hopefully they'll get better with time.

There is a chat interface to ask questions such as:

  • How many calories are in a typical serving?
  • What is the preparation time?
While testing I discovered new things -

Having only eaten regular Sandesh, I got to know there are many variants including Nolen gur sandesh which the chatbot tells me is made with palm jaggery and has around 120-150 calories per piece. Hope it is not bluffing!

The chatbot also imparts motherly advice - 

Moderation is still key when enjoying sandesh or other sweets.

As I know what a Masala Dosa and Chenna poda look like, I can say the images generated by Stable Diffusion XL Model are extremely amusing!

Masala Dosa according to Stable Diffusion XL

Well, that's creative! Now look up the real Chenna poda on Wikipedia

And that also makes my fifth PartyRock app fun to try!

Also see - 

My other apps:

Comments