Web Apps Watch - 1

As a web developer, I like to track interesting features, UI patterns used on popular Web Apps & also related trivia.

Here are a few things I noticed this week -

* Hotmail can help you organize emails from senders of bulk mail:

* I previewed some content from an ASP.NET book on Google Books and noticed their localization for India & acknowledgement of  popularity of Indian online stores - links to Indian online stores from where I can purchase that book:

* ChromeCacheView reveals interesting URL of where YouTube videos are coming from when I browse them over Airtel Broadband:

* Finding out what browser a visitor to your website is using, their IP address, screen resolution and if cookies are enabled in their browser, is old hat. There are scripts for just any website to find out if a visitor is logged into Gmail, Twitter & Facebook as this Wall Street Journal page shows:


* There have been times when I've wanted to add context notes to an email I've received so that I can reference it later. Messages in Gmail can be copied to Google Docs & you can add your notes there using a Labs feature.


Comments