TWIL - Week #34
This Week I Learned:
- A slightly-biased comparison of Angular, Backbone, CanJS and Ember
- Ember 101 has screencasts by Ryan Florence
- Learnings from a study by Web Performance Today:
- The average web page has grown 151% in just three years
- The average top 1,000 web page is 1575 KB.
- More than half of this size is due to images.
- Flash is on the decrease. Custom fonts are on the increase.
- Performance must engage with design and UX
- Enabling Wireless LAN Service on Windows Server 2008 - If you're trying to setup a wireless connection on Windows Server 2008 but it fails as wlanapi.dll is missing, you'll need to turn on Wireless LAN Service Feature through Server Manager. Wireless LAN Service is disabled by default possibly because you wouldn't need it on a Server OS
- Amazon has fulfillment centers in 14 U.S. states and in 36 cities around the world
- The U.S. average credit score is 680. In general, a good credit score is anything above 700.
- If you like the answers from a Stack Overflow user, you cannot follow the user as on Twitter or Facebook. This is an oft requested feature request on the developer Q & A site, Stack Overflow, that has been denied. However, you can subscribe to a SO user's activity via a RSS feed.
- Honey isn't better than sugar for diabetics, as it still raises blood sugar