My Favorite Mnemonics

After the first mnemonic I learnt at school to remember the 9 planets in my day - My Very Educated Mother Just Showed Us Nine Planets, there have been others I've been relying on

OSI layer - All People Seem To Need Data Processing
  • All = Application Layer
  • People= Presentation Layer
  • Seem = Session Layer
  • To = Transport Layer
  • Need = Network Layer
  • Data = Data Link Layer
  • Processing = Physical Layer
I Saw Two Crows Quietly Having Coffee and Reading Poetic Songs” for the 10 PMI Knowledge Areas:
  • Integration
  • Scope
  • Time
  • Cost
  • Quality
  • HR
  • Communications
  • Risk
  • Procurement
  • Stakeholders
CROPS - Five Pillars of the AWS Well-Architected Framework:
  • Cost Optimization
  • Reliability
  • Operational Excellence
  • Performance Efficiency
  • Security
First steps to do a differential diagnosis - VINDICATE: Vascular, Infection, Neoplasm, Drugs, Idiopathic, Congenital, Autoimmune, Traumatic, Endocrine.

  • Focus - don’t multitask and avoid distractions
  • Organize - create patterns
  • Understand and relate - connect it to prior knowledge
  • Recruit multiple systems - 

Comments